Yule & Winter Solstice
Time & Location
About the Event
Come and join us to celebrate the turning of the seasons!
- Learn more about Yule and the Winter Solstice, how it is celebrated and why.
- Light the Yuletide Bonfire with us, celebrating the hope of good times and the return of the sun. Write a special wish for the year ahead and allow the Yuletide Bonfire to carry your wish up into the sky.
- Enjoy traditional and folk music played by the local band Take Your Pick.
- Join in a guided meditation and prayer where we embrace the winter cycle to let go of the past and allow the seed of hope to begin growing with the longer, warmer days coming ahead.
- Enjoy a midwinter feast served ‘family-style’ with courses served throughout the various activities and celebrations.
- Take home a blessed Yule candle, Yule bath salts/milk, and some Yule inspired tea and shortbread cookies.
The winter solstice is marked by the longest night and shortest day. It is the time when the night begins to recede and the sun begins to linger longer in the sky. Winter solstice is the hope that the better days are coming, spring is coming, warmth is coming, abundance is coming. Whatever you believe, it is a time for celebration. This year the solstice is June 21st, but we are celebrating it a few days early to enjoy the weekend.
- For the starters enjoy a gingerbread latte served alongside Yule cheeseballs and seed crackers, and a Yule fruit soup with crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds and roasted chestnuts.
- For the main course enjoy wassail (non-alcoholic spiced cider) served alongside slow roasted chicken and pork, with sides of root vegetable mash, creamy brussels sprouts bake, sauteed green beans with Mōrunga walnuts, persimmon and pomegranate winter salad, pickled pumpkin, and freshly baked focaccia.
- For dessert enjoy 'heavenly' hot chocolate (you've never tasted heaven before this!) served with a spiced yule log with chantilly cream and Christmas-inspired mince-pinwheels.
We have a limited capacity for this event - maximum of 30 people.
We also do have a minimum number needed to go ahead with the evening. If we do not reach the minimum then sadly we will need to cancel.
Be sure to advise us if you have any allergies or sensitivities well before the event. We will do our best to accommodate and cater for you.
We reserve the right to vary the menu depending on seasonal availabilities, however whatever is served will honour the winter solstice.
- Yule & Winter Solstice$55+$1.38 Service fee$55+$1.38 Service fee0$0